30.1.12

long hair at 55?


I have long hair again, not since I got married 30 years ago have I had this much hair. Some say I am too old, others just ask why.

. . my 10 reasons:

1- wanted to see if I could do it

2- when it is HOT here I can put it up, which is most of the time

3- I can go several days without washing it and you can hardly tell how dirty it is, for when I am in the bush or we are rationing water, probably should not have told you that one

4- hair cuts are $35 here so I am too cheap to do that every few weeks

5- I like to change things and you can do lots of different things with long hair

6- I pretty much go against what is the norm and since people expect us 'mature ladies' to have short hair, I do not

7- we don't have electricity all the time so needing a hair dryer or curling iron is not something I want to worry about

8- my man likes it long

9- ah I like the feel of long wet hair down my back on a warm African evening as I relax with Ron, enjoying a hot cup of tea

10- most of all I always wanted to be like my treasured grand mother who used to have beautiful long grey hair that she wore up on her head, for 93 years

3 comments:

Nicole Mills said...

I want to see it down! I bet it's beautiful... p.s. I'm growing mine out too :)

Rebecca said...

my favorite reason is #8.

And I loved it when we were there in Sept. Long hair is great (and surprisingly less hassle when a pony tail or clip is in reach).

Sheryl said...

You go girl! If you want long hair, that's what you should have. You don't even need 10 good reasons! It's looks cute - you didn't even say that. love you.